Sunday, September 28, 2008

OUR PETS - PARAKEETS & FINCH


Now we have 3 birds in the house.

Parakeets - Named " Putera" & "Puteri"

Finch - Named " Whatever"

Side view of "Whatever"


New place for our pets


The Finch was a lovely and talkative bird when we bought it from an estate sale on 9/20/2008. We were then on our normal Garage Sale on Saturday. We wanted to find a bigger cage to house our 2 parakeets bought on 09/06/2008.

When it was about time for us to end our hopping around and went for lunch, an estate sale along the road caught my eyes. There were 2 bird cages placed outside the yard of a house near the traffic light. Don pulled the car to the side and I jumped straight to the house and asked the owner how much could I have the cage. He replied that the bird went with the cage. At my first glance, I thought I liked the cage but did not like the bird; next, I was not sure if I were able to keep another bird. So I left with disappointment.


While in the car, I kept thinking about the bird and the cage. Suddenly, there was an urge that I wanted to have the cage & the bird; I was figuring that I could exchange the finch's cage and & trade with that of Parakeets. Having such thought, I asked Don to reverse the car back to that house. When I returned there, the owner had left for lunch. I requested the other guy to reach his cell phone , which he did. without any further negotiation, he accepted my offered price !!

Now, since it was not a good idea to have our lunch and leave the bird in the car under the hot sun. oh yes, it was a super hot day! We went home right away.

In the car, we were discusiing what name to be given to this finch. It was friendly and making a lot of noise in the car. Being unable to give it a proper name so we simply named it " Whatever" !!! And this is in fact a nice name for the pet ! ha ha ha.

After our lunch, I cleaned the cage and transferred the parakeets to this bigger cage that belongs to "Whatever". It looked good since "whatever" is such a tiny bird ! But, ever since moving to the small cage, "Whatever" stopped singing. It was flying around and looking for an escape! "Whatever" was not happy in the small cage. He was crying instead of singing.......... :(:(:(:( This went on for nearly a week till he felt safe with us again. This happened the same to the parakeets. they were both unhappy and frightened in the new cage. I regretted for making such a quick change. I should have waited till such time that they are familiar with us.

Anyway, I am glad that they are friendly and happy again. Every morning I carry the cages to the patio while I do my exercise. They will sing and echo to other birds chirping in the woods. Watching them is such a fun!!!! They make me happy too!

Expert says>>>>>>>>> Keeping pet is good for seniors ....... So here I am .. ha ha ha ha....

No comments: