Friday, September 5, 2008

LISTEN TO MY BODY & UNWELCOMING AUGUST

It was just one of those days that I could have stressed myself with work or have strained my eyes too much on the pc that I felt so sleepy and tired last night. I went to bed before 10 o'clock!. It had been a long long time that I did not go to bed this early!

Guess my body is sending this alarming reminder that I do need more rest!!


**************************************************************

The month of August 2008 wasn't a good month in my record.

First of all, we were threatened by the news that Tropical Storm Fay would hit here on the 19th and that Sarasota was under " Hurricane Watch" Thanks God, Fay did not make a landfall here so nothing happened ! But, it's a good for us to learn something about how to handle the situation if it happens.

Secondly, with the recent change of the Phone Provider to our office's phone system, we encountered various complications and interruptions after the installation. The communication system was down for several times in a week. Ah Don has to provide temporary connection or transfer the machines to ensure the main line was available for the communication. I would say this is the worse phone company I came across. Their management team is so inadequate and irresponsible. They did not make an effort to provide us with solution. Since we are providing IVR system for clinical study and involved randomizing of subjects throughout the world, we could not afford to lose the connection at any hour of the day and night. So Ah Don has to go back to the office during the weekends to check the servers and machine to ensure that they were working fine. As a result, I missed 2 weeks of outing to Garage sale!!!

Thirdly, I received a news from home that my eldest sister was undergoing a major operation in Sunway Medical Center in Malaysia. She has to be closely monitored by doctor in the ICU for few days. This was certainly not a good news. I was told that prior to this, she suffered severe pain to her body. She has gone down so much because she could not eat for 2 weeks. She was weak and could not walk up right. It hurt to hear that she has to go through this kind of suffering; the worse of it is nobody is able to relieve her pain except the pain killer. I am very sad about this !! But, it's exciting to hear that she is progressing and recovering faster than expected after the operation. My niece Yee Mei told me that her Christian friends all over the world are praying for her good health. I am sure the prayer is positively answered for her . I will make a trip home before end of this year or during the Chinese New Year to see her. Meanwhile, my niece and my daughter are updating me on her progress everyday.

Coincidentally. we also got another bad news that Ah Don's eldest sister was admitted to ICU for intensive care due to her existing and unknown medical complication. It has been a while that I heard about her poor health that trouble her on and off over the last few years. She has been confined to wheelchair for sometime. I met her once in May 2008 when we joined the celebration of her 50th anniversary as nun in Indiana. She looked good and cheerful at that time. I pray and hope that she will get well soon so that Mom does not have to travel up and down visiting and worrying about her. Thanks to Sharon for the update on her progress of treatment. as well as keeping Mom accompanied for the hard time. Due to our work commitment, we are yet be able to visit her.

So, those were the bad and unwelcoming experience in August. However, there are something remarkable and significant for record here.
Of course... we are talking about the grand success of the Olympic Games hosted by China in Beijing . It was the best ceremony event that I have even seen on TV. I am proud that China was able to organise such a wonderful and remarkable event in this world event. China Boleh !

Another thing to note is the date of 08.08.08 - this is certainly the most wonderful & special day for people to mark and celebrate their special occasions. Thousands of Chinese couple tied their knots on this day.

Hmmm ... this makes me wonder which day would my daughter pick if she decided to tie the knot one day !

We are waiting , waiting ........

No comments: