Sunday, September 28, 2008

DON'T WAIT TILL IT'S TOO LATE

I receive ArcaMax's newsletter everyday. Below is a letter from one reader to ABBY that I like to keep as Reminder ....Thing can happen any time when you are least aware ; we can be caught in a situation where we are totally unprepared. I do not want to be in a situation where I have to say something like this ......." I hope I can turn back the clock and let me do what I should do which I didn't or to undo what I have done with quilt "

I always remember my father's last word to my mother before he died in 1964, He told my mother to take care and love me more as he felt he did not love me as much as my other 2 sisters during his life time. (I knew the reason why .. because, I was very naughty in my teen and less smart than my 2 sisters! ). That last word changed my life. I became the queen of the house but that also turned me into a better person that deserved my mother extra care and love .
Here is the letter from the reader:

DEAR ABBY: I recently lost my wife to a long illness. When she could no longer work, I tried to give her the best quality of life I could. It took a toll. I worked long hours to give her everything she needed. The medical bills were astronomical. All she ever wanted was me. I was always the macho type, and "I love you" was always hard for me to say. (I'm a real tough guy.)

Well, this tough guy would give anything for one more chance to say it. She died so suddenly, it was like it wasn't real. For the first couple of weeks I threw myself into work and thought I could handle it. When the death certificate arrived in the mail, that's when I fell apart. I feel guilty because I was gone so much. I miss her terribly. Sometimes the loneliness is so bad it feels like someone is standing on my chest.

Abby, I would like to remind all the other macho guys out there that TIME is something you only get so much of. It is precious, but unfortunately, limited. I realized, too late, that it's not enough that my wife "knew" I loved her. I should have told her more often. I know now that "I wish I would have," "I know I should have," and "If I had just one more chance" are the worst things in the world to hear yourself say when it is already too late.

PLEASE tell your spouse you love her or him. You never know if the last time you say it might be the last time you get the chance. -- -- ( from ) TOO LATE IN TENNESSEE

REPLY FROM ABBY :

DEAR TOO LATE: Please accept my deepest sympathy for the death of your wife. Your letter makes clear the depth of the loss you are feeling. Although true lovers never get enough of each other, I am sure she understood the strain you were under and that you loved her. Readers, this gentleman's letter carries with it an important message.
"I love you" is the sweetest music a person can hear. Bouquets of flowers smell the sweetest when they are in the hands of the recipient, not stacked by her (or his) casket. And praise is most appreciated when it can be heard by the person who has earned it, not when it's recited in a eulogy after he or she has passed. So speak up now, before it truly is too late.

No comments: