Monday, January 21, 2008

Uncle Al

My mother's brother Al is very ill and has been moved from the hospital to a nursing home. So, yesterday we went over to visit him. It has been maybe as much as 20 years since I last saw my aunt and uncle. Wow time passes so fast. In addition, two of my cousins were also there. My cousin Dan is now retired and living here in Florida. My cousin Ruth lives in Indiana and has 4 daughters in college and a couple more that will be going to college soon!!!

The initial report I had said that Al was very sick and I didn't know if he would be awake or even know I was there. When we walked in the room he was WIDE awake and greeted us warmly. I spent about 2 hours talking about all kinds of things with Al. It was probably the longest conversation I had ever had with him. He talked about when he was a boy ploughing the fields with the horse and what a good boy he was in school and all kinds of things. I was very happy to see him so alert.

We can only hope and pray that he gets stronger and is able to go home. However, we all know that his time with us is limited. His cancer is severe and the doctors cannot stop it. So, please join with me in praying that his remaining time is pain free and that he has the chance to see all of his loved ones.

1 comment:

Su-Yee said...

i will be chantin for Al