Monday, January 28, 2008

CNY is HERE

As the Chinese New Year is getting closer....... I need some feeling of it !! Since there is no way that I can see any sign of CNY from the street .....I have to make it happen at home.... Let's take a look !





In olden days and for years, I would go to Petaling Street a week before the Chinese New Year. Enjoyed walking around from one stall to another, looked at people buying new year stuff, admired some traditional decorations and listened to the New year songs....
Last Chinese New Year, Ah Don took me to New York city's China Town. There was not much happening one day before New Year eve. Perhaps, the weather was too cold for people to be out on the street. We were told that there were various celebration organised by Chinese community on New Year day. But , we did not go back.


No comments: