Tuesday, January 1, 2008

BYL - My First Day of 2008

This is the First Day of 2008. I hope it is going to be a year of good health, good fortune, true happiness, vitality and fulfilling year for me and Ah Don.

At 11a.m, we went to Sheila's house at Datura St for the first meeting of Fiesta District. There, we met David Rubin who is the Sarasota Men Division Leader and his wife Adie; they were both friendly and welcoming. I am glad to be able to connect to them for this significant meeting on the 1st day of the year as well as to meet other lady members of this district.

We have good exchange of experience and sharing of what we look forward to 2008 during the meeting. SGI prisident's new Year Message was read by LiLian that provides strong encouragement to promote world peace through our faith.

After the meeting, we have the group photo taken and some food prepared by members.



Then, we proceeded to the next meeting of Kensington district at another Sheila 's house at Center Gate Blvd. There again, we met another group of friendly members. Although the meeting was said to be conducted without agenda, members were very participating. Each member was so willing and happy to relate and share their outlook and resolution for year 2008.

I told them, initially, I thought it was a bad year for me since I was unemployed in January of 2007. But, beside being able to receive my Unemployment Benefits, I was sponsored to go to the colleage to complete 2 AMA courses in Mangement and Leadership Excellence. This will certainly help me in my job application.


As Kensington District is nearer to where I live, I think I will join this group for future meeting and activities.

Through these 2 meetings, I know, I am going to make new friends in Sarasota.

I also determined to be able to Shakubuku others to find their happiness.

No comments: