Friday, January 25, 2008

LINE DANCE AGAIN

Am I getting old ? Honestly, I do not like to hear the word "OLD" in Me! That's why I always remind Ah Don to use "Matured" instead of "OLD"!
However, there are some cases where "matured"may not be applied. For instance, when I can't remember certain skill that I have before, it's a sign that my memory is getting "OLD" Because Matured" means something that is fully grown........When you are matured you got to be knowledgeable and skillful.
So, what is bothering me ?
I had been learning Line Dance for almost a year before I came here. I think I was able to dance not less than 40 of them with other members. I love line dance... it's a good exercise to release stress.
Recently, I joined the line dance class with 5 other women in Village Walk. The instructor is an Indian lady. I was very excited to join the first class 2 weeks ago. I thought I would be able to follow the music and dance with them right away....... But, I was wrong !!!...... I was unable to follow the dance step !!!!! I almost wanted to cry !. What a shame !! Luckily, the instructor was very kind... she asked me to come half an hour before the next class so that she could teach me on the basic steps!!!
From this experience, I fully agree that we need to practise in order to keep the skill otherwise it will be forgotten with the advancing age ! Perhaps, I need to admit that my memory is getting "weak" but my desire to pick up the skill is "Strong"

No comments: