Friday, January 25, 2008

I MISS CHINESE NEW YEAR!

I have a google chat with my niece Suo Mein this morning while at work. Unfortunately, we were unable to chat too long as it was close to her bed time. They will hold a grand celebration for her dad's 80th Birthday in November and hope that I will be back to KL...... I really miss everyone back home, my daughter, my cat puteri, my brothers and sisters and Fong's family. I will be home this year.

*********************************************

I am more home sick when it comes to Chinese New Year. I love to spend my time with my family. Chinese New Year is the only time when everyone is not working and have time to be together, sit down and chit chat ! For all my past Chinese New Year, I would drive home with my daughter to Rengit, Johore to celebrate CNY with my brother David & Alan's family. We would have plenty of good foods all the days through! After the reunion dinner, it followed with the fun where we could play with all tricks for young kids ( including those unmarried )to claim their "Ang Pow"All kids would take turn to get their Ang Pow by answering question, make a guess, talent show, phasing of new year greeting and game etc... It was full of fun and laughter! Ah Don and I were back for the Chinese New Year in 2006. We had our dinner in Batu Pahat where all family members were together to dine and karaoke!! Certainly,it was his first experience to give "Ang Pow". He enjoyed every single moment when he was there. And most of all, he had a lot of "Yem Sing " !!!

**********************************************

My mother-in-law will be visiting us in February for a month; I am thinking of how to celebrate my Chinese New Year...... My niece sent me a New Year CD last year... guess I am going to play it loud...... Kong Xi ! Kong Xi !Kongxi nee ! :):)):)), hang the big pineapple for good luck, .........put on the Chinese shirt that she sent me. Oh yeah! Suo Mein told me she sent something to me last week........ I am so excited !!! Hope it will arrive here before 7th Feb. Thank you in advance Suo Mein! There is only one small Chinese Store in our place! There is noway I can have the feel of CNY !!!





No comments: