Saturday, January 12, 2008

SHOULD I FEEL SAD TODAY ?

Woke up early this morning, full of hope and happiness !!!.........Why ? because it's my big day ! I turn 60 + 2 !!!!!!!! I received 2 calls from Malaysia. One from my very old pen pal from Penang. He never forget my birthday. Next, is my daughter.... she will accumulate all her Birthday Gifts for me till I go back to KL...... and she will take me for a nice SPA... not bad eh!

In fact, I am thankful every morning to be able to wake up for another day. I was more excited this morning than any other day..... because Ah Don and I were going to the Animal Services to adopt a cat to mark my Birthday. I have been longing to have a cat for a long long time. I really missed my cat "Puteri" back home. She would want me to touch her and carry her before I went to bed every nite!

To get ready for this new comer,we bought everything that are necessary last night. There were about 2o cats and kittens at the Animal Services for us to visit and play with before we decided to adopt. Ah Don and I spent more than an hour to touch and play with each cat. Some of the cats preferred to be touched but would not like to be carried or held then up. It was hard to decide which one to choose.They were all lovely and adorable cats. Finally, I decided to adopt "Jinxx" the grey cat which is about 1 year old.

So, we proceeded to the administration office to complete the application form for adoption.
When the staff noticed that we are in a rented house, she required a written consent from the owner to ensure that there is no object for keeping pet in the house. As we were not aware of such requirement, Ah Don called the lady owner who lived in New York and told her that we intended to keep a cat; She rejected it right away. I was totally sadden and angry with such rejection. How could she be so unreasonable ? I wanted to cry out loud and thought I should talk to her myself. Then, not long after this she called and explained that one of her sons is very allergic to animals like cats & dogs. He had once being rushed to the hospital after entering to the elevator soon after some peoplet had just came out from the elevator. She plans to move and live here sometime in future. ..... After hearing this.. I begun to understand her situation and accept her ground for objection. On the other hand, I am glad to experience such rejection. because it gave us a very strong and clear message that we MUST own a house sooner so that we can keep any pets we want !

**********************
At 4.30PM, we went to the Village Walk Town center to join the " Baby boomer Party"! Being new in this area, this is the opportunity to get to know other people around. So it was a place full of Baby Boomers. like me :):):))... they were cheering and chatting with each other. I took the opportunity to talk to the organizer and told him that I would like to get involved with this kind of activity in future and would extend my assistance if needed. So while I walked to the table to give my email address then all of sudden, the organizer whistled and called for attention..... Before I turned my head, I heard the "Birthday Song " and it was for ME !!! This was wonderfully... Thanks Ah Don again for doing this for me..... Even though I did not have a cat for my birthday, I believe, I will have one in very near future. I always have the strong faith and positive thinking that I will get what I want eventually..... all I need is just to be patient and wait for the right time!

So, should I feel sad to day ??? Definately NO NO NO NO........

No comments: