Sunday, May 4, 2008

MY NEW CATCH !!!

This is interesting. This morning when Ah Don was washing the car at the back lane, he noticed some thing moving in the bushes. He called me to take a look while I was doing my chanting. I was very exciting to see that it was a " Turtle" resting peacefully in the bushes. Immediately , I ran back to the house, took the camera to snap the Pic. before it ran away . I stepped slowly and closer towards the turtle and wait for its head to show up. Since it showed no sign of avoiding me, I walked even closer and touch it. While I was doing this, my mind went back to my good old memory where I used to keep all kinds of animals as pet in my young age. I had an old turtle that I could played with after school till it was " discharged" as Buddhist's practice for freedom.

Seeing this, my immediate thought was..." I want to keep this as my PET!" I still feeling hurt and upset when I recalled the incident that I was not allowed to cat in this house.
I tried to carry it up it is heavy but without struggling! Great !!! It is now in house. Ah Don named it " George" don't know why he has such name !!

Now look at these pics...
While it was in the bushes,


I was observing it if it will eat the green

Trust me , it is heavy! 6 lbs ???

Now, George is moving freely in the Patio.

Ah Don looked in the Internet and told me that this could be Florida's Soft Shell Turtle.

Turtles depicted in popular culture as easy going, patient and wise creature. In Feng Shui, ( oh, I do believe and follow some Feng Shui practice sometimes) turtle is a symbol of longevity. Turtles and tortoise are incorporated into many religious traditions and mythologise around the world. they have potential life span of ten thousand years.

With this new comer to our home, I have to do some research in the Internet and make sure how to keep it !

1 comment:

Su-Yee said...

oh mom...hahaha george is cute!