Monday, May 26, 2008

I ONCE WANTED TO BE ......

I ONCE WANTED TO BE .......


>>>>>>>A FASHION MODEL


>>>>>>> A SINGER


WHEN I WAS IN MY TEEN!!


This is why I love and enjoy watching " The next American Next Top Model" and " The American Idol" I admired those people who tried so hard to make their dreams come true.


I love to watch " So you think you can dance" too... but never had I ever wanted to be a dancer!


I also wanted to play piano... but there were two good reasons prevented me from learning. 1st, there was no piano teacher in the small town where I grew up. Next, my last finger are too SHORT to reach 5 keys. so I definitely have not been gifted to be a pianist !! :(:(:(


On the other hand.... I also hoped to be a FASHION DESIGNER Believe it or not. I was a good tailor. I learned sewing during my school breaks in Singapore. I designed and made all my own clothes.Other times, I offered ideas to friends who needed my help in designing their dresses before going to their tailors. I had lot of new clothes after each semester break. Hmmm that was why many of my course mates wanted to see what I would put on every other day, they were jealous of my dressing !! During those years, I kept long hair, I tied my hair in many different styles and used different color of ribbon to match with my dresses. How could I afford this ?? Simple... I took out my mom and sisters' old dresses, I cut and altered them with additional accessories, mix and match , buttons and belt.



Since we did not have TV till mid 60, so my only exposure to Modelling was through reading magazines from Hong Kong. I admired one of the top models. She was both pretty and gorgeous. I kept all cuttings of her appearance in the magazines. Hoping that one day I would be like her.......

Somehow...... this never happen !



But now, with the advanced technology in computer and Internet, I can satisfy my passion of modeling in my OWN WAY .. CAMERA Take 1 take 2 take 3.....


Also ! I am lucky to have my " self -trained ' Personal Photographer to do the photo shooting for me from home !!! ka ka ka ka

These were taken yesterday before we left for Orlando











Next, what about my passion to become a SINGER ???


Oh! I thought I did !. We had a guitar band known as " The Star" . Together with 2 others girls, we were the key singers in the group to perform on stage for some yearly celebration events, wedding party or birthday party. I liked to sing at wedding and birthday party because not only we had the big feast at the end of the performance, we received extra "money in Ang Pau "from the hosts.


For my coming trip to Malaysia, I must remember to bring some Chinese song CD to play and practise. Ah Don has to set up the Karaoke system... then I will practise all weekend; Ah Don may not like it but he can always learn some Chinese and sing along with me . . otherwise he has to sit at the patio, smoke his cigar rates or drink his beer to get away from the noise pollution.. ha haha ha.....



2 comments:

Su-Yee said...

aww mom...thse pics are so sweet!

BYL said...

Thank YOu Bei, I just enjoyed taking photos and viewing them when they turned out fine. they are sweet memories to recall when I get more "matured" at later years.... who know how many years can I live?? :):) this blog is certainly a record of my life.