Saturday, May 31, 2008

SAND HILL CRANES & WILD RABBITS

One unique thing in Sarasota is not just about the snowbirds who came here to keep warm, there are other "visitors" who freqent our Village Walk.

First of all, we can see some Sand Hill Cranes walking freely along the road side; They do not bother about people; Drivers have to stop the cars and let them parade across the road. They know they are special and fully protected!!!
The following are some Pics of Sand Hill Cranes by the road



The following Pic is of different kind of white cranes,( will find out the name) they are much smaller than Sand Hill Crane. They began to gather around the pond recently in the morning . Unfortunately, I was unable to get any closer for a better shot. There were more than 30 birds at this corner. Some more were at the other end of the pond!


Next, we have some wild rabbits hopping and living in the bushes across our garage. Recently, I notices that there are some small ones too. I have been waiting to capture their photos; but as soon as I get close, they run away.


The following pic was taken through the netting of patio door one morning when this rabbit came close to our house to look for food.



The little ones are very cute; I want to catch them one day!

Besides these animals, there are small rodents which look like hamsters in the bushes too. There are different birds flying around the trees. I enjoy the presence of all these animals.

But certainly not this one.....This afternoon while we were on our way home, we saw one small snake trying to come out from the bushes. Ah don stopped the car immediately; but, by the time I took out the camera, it went back to the bushes!!!

I'll keep watching... I am sure there are some other "guests" in the bushes!!!

No comments: