Wednesday, May 7, 2008

SOME UPDATES

Yesterday, I almost forgotten that I have an appointment with the Immigration Support Center at Tampa this morning. Is this a sign of loss of something something.....? Thanks Ah Don for reminding me.
The appointment was 8:00 am. From our place to Tampa It will take about an hour to drive from our place to Tampa. So, we started off at 6:30 am and hoped that we could avoid the morning rush. But ,to our big surprise, as soon as we reached the inter-state I75, the traffic was completely stand-still. We were not sure what happened ahead of us. We have no time to sit in the traffic. Later, we heard from the radio that the road was closed. Ah Don make a quick turn to other road. I was getting nervous and praying that we could reach there on time. I really do not want miss this appointment or else my application to remove conditions on Residence will be cancelled. Thanks God, we managed to reach there just 15 minutes before 8:00.
There was not a long queue; I have the electronic finger print and photo shot very quickly. This time, they took the print of my index finger and no smile is allowed for the photo. Interesting..... I am thinking which finger would be the next if I have to be back for any other application !!! :):):)
On our way back, the road was clear. The reason for causing such a massive traffic was due to car accident . One heavy truck was badly burned.
*************************************************
On Friday (05/09/2008) ,we are flying to Indiana to join the family member for 2 big occasions.
On Saturday, it's the celebration of 50th anniversary for Ah Don's eldest sister Theresita as a nun.
On Sunday, it's Mother day- a celebration for Mother!
I was told that it's still cold in Indiana. I must remember to bring my jacket along.
**********************************************
Tomorrow is my lady boss's birthday. I have placed something in her room this evening. Hope she will get the surprise when she comes in tomorrow morning! She comes to office earlier than us but we leave from work later than her... so it's fair eh !! :):):)
*********************************************
We were watching the American Idol Result Show. just now. It is not easy for the contestants to come to this level. I am glad that Syesha was in the top 3. At least we have a female contestant as finalists for this season and she is from here . Sarasota!!!! yeah yeahs Yeah!!!!
American Idol and American Next Top Model are my favourite T V shows.
I used to take part in a few singing contests during my teenage years. The most remarkable was the one known as "Sharp's Night "Singing contest ( Chinese Song) organised by Singapore Broadcasting Corporation ( SBC) in mid 70. I was amongst 52 contestants chosen out of 2000+ participants. Each week one contentant would be picked out of 3 to go to semi-final. I was unlucky placed in a group with one guy and a lady who were seasonal singing champions in Singapore. So I was out with only one appearance on TV.... but that was a good experience and memory for my life.

No comments: