Saturday, January 2, 2010

BYE BYE 2009, WELCOME 2010

An opening present from "Forever" !!
3 eggs while we move to new year 2010It was such a Mother Nature that she turns to be so motherly overnight!

******************************************

It's around this time or at the beginning of December that most of us would pull out the list of resolutions set in January to review what are outstanding or what have been achieved before setting the next resolutions for the new year!

Practically, I do not own a set resolutions to navigate or monitor my life; I move with the pace and follow the direction that I am suppose to go. With the matured age and the wisdom and experience that I have gone through, I think I can behave and handle without any firm resolutions set as checklist. However, I did want and hope for something to happen, overcome and accomplish in the past year of 2009. Do I have to tell myself how to behave and discipline ? No! I just want to be myself. After all life is short. I like to do what I feel right and happy of doing it. That's it ! simple.

To keep fit and healthy is always my primarily hope for each year; To continue and maintain good relationship with Ah Don, my family and his family members is the next and a steady job to keep me occupied with extra money in the pocket. Other than this, I am still hoping to involve in social activity in America.

In fact, 2009 has been a significant year for me and Ah Don, With the bad economic and unemployment rate escalating, we are blessed with steady employment. When there are so many people in Florida have to put their properties in the market due to default in mortgage payments, we consider ourselves lucky to be able to own a house in 2009. We have "Forever" and "Buddy" to play with while "putera & puteri " are making whole lot of noises in their cage! Life is beautiful when we are happy with what we have and not to overstrech ourselves!

Of course ! amongest all, it is such a thrilling experience to see our "Forever" laid her first egg on 30th December 2009. All this while, we are not sure of her sexulity . Now we know "Forever" is a female ! On new year eve, I witnessed her laying the 2nd egg. Now she is hatching on 3 eggs, and I am not sure if there will be anymore to come !! Poor baby... she becomes a "Mommy" instantly and is now so protective of her eggs. Look like we will be blessed again in year 2010 with such a good sign !! ( I will let her hatch the eggs for a while before removing them !)

But , no all good thing happened in 2009. I lost my eldest sister due to prolong illness on the day we confirm buying this house. This is the most heart breaking experience for not seeing her last face before she left for her lord.

Anyway...... life goes on...... we have to learn to face the reality. Everyone will be gone one day. we just have to treasure every minute as though it's our last minute!

The good thing with me is that..... I could be very sad over one thing however, I have learn to "let go" so that the sad feeling will not prevent me from pursuing any other thing; life have to move on ! We don't want time to stop at one point!

So, we went downtown on New year eve, to join the big crowd, to see the dropping of pineapple. This is the 3rd year we being to this event. The weather was not too cold to walk around and stop at 3 performing stages to listen and dance with the music. This is one thing that I like about American culture. People can do what they like regardless of ages. I saw some senior ladies dancing and drinking as though nobody is watching them. I believe this is why most of the Americans can live longer lives than Asian. Ah Don & I have a good time to count down to year 2010 and with champagne popping in the crowd ! Hahaha, it's fun to begins with 2010!!

One of the bands was performing rock music
For our last look before moving to 2010 !

We were here waiting for the pineapple to drop from the sky

Pineapple was high was dropping with the count down 1, 2, 3!

The pipeapple was hooked up by this crane

It's landing!


CHEER & HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERY ONE !!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy New Year Lau Yee and Don!!!
Btw how did ur caged Forever become a mom??? :)))

Lau Yee♠ said...

Happy New year to you too Ah Mum! You are right, there is no way to have the baby birds without a male bird. I like to see her hatching and taking care of those eggs like a proud mommy bird.♠ She has the bond with me and allow me to move her eggs around!