Saturday, January 16, 2010

♠♠♠ WHAT HAPPENED TO OUR PLANTS?????

This is the first time that I experienced cold weather in Florida. Over the last two weeks the weather was so cold that it dropped to 30 F. It was mainly due to the cold front that push its way from the Arctic. When I asked Ah Don how could it be so cold this year? He told me it was cold too last year; but I was lucky to be back in Malaysia for the Chinese New year during this period!!!!

It's not difficult to deal with cold weather here as I had gone through below freezing point while living in New Jersey for over 2 years. I have plenty of jackets and thick sweaters that I can wear to keep warm. ( since moving to this new place, they have been packed and stored; I thought they are no longer required!)

While we can keep ourselves warm, we were not aware that we have to cover our plants to prevent them from the frost that could freeze them. As reported, local farmers have bad hit of losses due to such cold weather!

This morning when we have a little big of warm sunshine we could walk out to the yard. We were sad to see that most of our plants have been damaged. I don't know how long it take to see their new leaves again ? They are the fruits of our hard labor; At one point we were so happy to see them growing successfully after being transferred from their respective pots to the yard.... now they look bad !

My Pencil Cactus turning pink


This plant were struggling hard with the new place but now......


No longer our green green grass of home !


Look like they have been cooked in bundle !!


When would I see the Green leaves agin ?


Poor Aloe !!!


All needles are dropping off !


Yeah! It's colorful, but I love them green !!!!


We were happy to see the bright color but the have faded !!!!


All leaves fall-off overnight !


It's sad to see our plants in this condition. I pray and believe they will be fully green in spring.

No comments: