Monday, January 11, 2010

House Warming & My Birthday

Yesterday, 01/10/2010 was a happy day for me and Ah Don. It's was a Double Happiness!

After 3 months, we thought it's about time to have our friends coming over to warm our new place. Since I am 2 days shy to my birthday, I thought it might be meaningful for me to prepare dinner for our guests.

I started planning, organizing, arranging and timing for food to be prepared, cooked and ready to serve as soon as I woke p from bed. Initially, I have chicken steak in my mind as the main dish but Ah Don thought roasted ham would be more acceptable. Since I do not have any prior experience in roasting ham hence, I have to go online to look for the most simple way to roast ham. I followed exactly the procedure to glaze and bast the ham .... I am glad that the ham turned out to be delicious, tender and juicy inside. Yummy yummy...it tasted good too !!

Have to set the table First
Roasted Ham in process & Pie

Stuff prepared and to be cooked after arrival of our guests
By the way, those knives by the side are X'mas gifts from Ah Don
They are really nice, now I don't use my old knives anymore!

My first experience in roast ham
Pics show pieces being cut by Ah Don & ready to serve our guests
Then followed by these dishes



Round the house : Our Office

Guest Room ready for Kids : a boy & a girl

This is mainly for Mom's visit during Winter Season


This is our Bedroom

We have some new items fixed on the wall


SMALL CELEBRATION OF MY BIRTHDAY

My Boss carried in the Birthday Cake.

This is a Surprise for me !

Ah Don was taking pic for me and wanted me to lower my chin

This is how I look !

They wanted me to make a wish..... but I have to
think which is my primary wish ! Money, health, love ????

Blow the candles to mark my matured age of
8 X 8
It was a cold night but our home was filled with warmth & laughter

1 comment:

Su-Yee said...

omg mom, what a huge cake!