Sunday, January 4, 2009

NEW YEAR NEW ME??

Like many of us and for many past years, I loved to draft my new year resolutions on the last day of the year and hoped that whatever reamining outstanding could be accomplished in the coming year.

This happened year after year and to the extend that the list meant nothing but just a renewal note !! So, I stopped drafting any New Year Resolution forr some years and went on with my own way to get thing accomplished.

I set my mind and made them happen from time to time with the following guidelines in my daily life:

Things need to be done... do them without excuse!

Thing that are good to have..... have them with price and effort.

Things that are worth keeping... keep them with purpose.

Thing that are bad for keeping .... ( Try) throw them away! this includes junk stuff and bad feeling!

I believe by this time and at my age I have to divert all my time to pursue happiness and good health. I had worked very hard in my career and spent time in social activities before I came to US. Here is the place where I made a complete change. Though I still miss my work and involvement in the past, I now remind myself to blend into the new environment and situation.

Abraham Lincoln said, "People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be," So, I am going to make up my mind to be happy and always look into positive perspective. Every morning, we can choose to be happy or worrisome .

Keeping good health has always been my top priority for years, so there is no question to maintain. However, with the natural declining of matured body, I have to work harder to keep in good shape both physically and mentally.

On top of this .........I must make everyday a special day to be with Ah Don!

No comments: