Saturday, January 17, 2009

Day 5

BYL left 5 days ago. In some ways it seems like a long time ago. In other ways it seems like only yesterday. I miss her very much. It is lonely and quiet here.

One good thing is that I have been very busy at work. We had three new studies start this week and they are having the normal "getting started" problems. Then I had a server come up with "The Blue Screen Of Death" ! :( Ended up changing one of the hard drives, reloading Windows Server 2003 and all of the apps. Fortunately no data was lost. Just took hours to get it back online. In addition, we have an audit coming up in February so have to update/create all of the SOPs, process documentation, etc.

For fun, I'm working on the new WEB server. This is a Windows Server 2008 with Hyper-V machine. Very nice machine, Core 2 Quad, 4GB RAM, etc. I've installed the equivalent of the current Windows Server 2003 WEB server as a guest machine. I'm going to try and put that machine into production this weekend. I think it should work well and the transition should be smooth. Only thing I'm a bit concerned about is getting the Routing And Remote Access setup properly. Having 4 NICs to worry about can sometimes get confusing. This is a critical piece that I was not able to emulate in the test environment. It allows the production SQL Server to communicate across the VPN from behind the firewall.

OOPS! Sorry! I really enjoy what I do and sometimes get carried away with the details. BYL has learned not to ask me what I'm doing at work. I get carried away and start describing all the details. What she really wanted to know was what did Elida wear and what did I have for lunch. :)) :)) :))

The Internet is great. I have been able to talk to and see BYL almost everyday! When her connection is very slow we can at least IM.

Puteri and putera are doing well. Making lots of noise when I turn on the TV and seem to be about the same as always. I'm getting into a routine now so it takes less time to get "the daily tasks" accomplished.

Overall things are ok. Just have to keep busy to fill the lonely hours. BYL is having a good time so that makes me happy.

OK. Bye for now. Miss you BYL. Hope to see/talk to you soon. I Love You





No comments: