Sunday, August 3, 2008

DO I HAVE GREEN FINGERS ???

Beside going to Garage Sale which is our outdoor activity during weekends. I have this new found hobby >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

PLANTING HOUSE-PLANTS
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Since, we are not allowed to keep pet in this house hence I decided to keep some house-plants. First, I started to look around the nearby roadside for some plants. I planted them in small containers. When they started growing, looked healthy and used to the potted soil, I transferred them to bigger pots. After few months of caring effort, my house-plants are doing well.
( hmmm... most of the pots I got them cheap from the garage sale!)

I took home 3 tiny and dying plants ( due to hot weather) from a parking lot
2 months ago. They turned out to be the plants that I like the most!
I don't know the name of this plant, they may require a bigger pot soon !


This was the 1st Fern plant that I picked from the road side.
It looked so unique amongst the bushes.
It has the tendency to grow upwards, taller & taller!
so, I have to trim it from time to time to keep it low.
This is the No 2 plant that I like to look at every morning

This is the plant that I took from the office. Thought it can give some color to the green. See the small vine that grows by itself to enhance the look !

This is one that I plucked from a tree outside the office.
I am waiting for it to bloom and turn into a small tree in the pot.

These are Caladiums that I asked from a house owner who has a bed of colorful Caladiums in front of his house at Gulf Gate. We stopped by and told him that these plants gave me the home feeling. He was so touched and gave me 3 different colors when I only asked for 1 !!!!

They are doing very well at the patio. I have to move them from the hot sun. They are very precious to me!


The followings are plants in special care at the moment




I did not like gardening in the past. It was not a pleasant job when my mom asked me to water her plants when I was young. But, now I can feel the joy of seeing them blooming and growing day by day. I touch & water them every morning before I go to work.... they are my babies !!!

No comments: