Saturday, August 22, 2009

HOME ALONE AND THINKING

Ah Don is away from home again. He left for New Jersey on Thursday morning. He is on official trip this time to fix up our company's computer and servers to be co-located at Jason's house. I am sure apart from the work, he can spend sometime over the weekend with kids and grand kids. I did not go with him as I wanted him to be with them without me.

So, when he is not around, I am able to take care and amuse myself. Once a while , it is nice to be able to have the time to unwind myself and do what I like ! First of all, I played my Chinese CD to top volume and sing along !

Oh, I really missed those Chinese oldies ! When I played those line dancing music it made me feel bad for forgetting all the dance steps!!!! . The music brought me back to those Thursdays nights where a group of us were having fun & sweat practising the line dance. After the class, I would go to the "Pasar Malam" and buy my favourable "rojak"home to eat. What a sweet memory and melody~~~ "Chili Cha Cha"~~~~ "It's so easy to fall in love" ~~~~ "Macarena"

While flashing back to those old good time .......all of sudden my brain alerts me to the hospital in Malaysia where my eldest sister Ai Chin is dying with dips, struggling and fighting hard with terminal illness. My tears starts to wet my eyes..... I can visualize how difficult she is suffering right now with pain attacking her all over the body. I was told that she looks calm and sleepy but the agony look on her face while at rest does not hide the fact she is suffering the pain even with the drug. Her body is too weak.

On the other side of the bed, I can see that my brother-in-law Mr Fong is looking at her, praying earnestly to reduce her pain and suffering......Every moment is so precious and a blessing to him. Over the phone, he told me... My sister is a wonderful wife to him. They had never parted with each other except for once when my eldest sister was away in overseas with my niece. He is uncertain if he could adjust his life without my sister around should my sister no longer live. Frankly enough, they are such a great and loving couple. They shared their lives through ups & downs for over 50 years. It's sad to hear this ........ but life has to go out no matter what happens. I hope Mr Fong would be strong enough. All my nieces and nephew would be around him to give all kind of support.

Next to the side of Mr Fong, I can see all members of my nieces' families and nephew's are there around the clock to look after my eldest sister. One of my nieces, Molly is back there from Vancouver for over a month now. She told me this is the most precious moment in her life to be able to take care and hold her mother's hand as well as to close to the father. At the mean time she has an important task to prepare food for siblings and kids who are in the hospital to take care of my sister. They bonding of love is so great that I believe my sister would smile even it may be the end of her journey.......I pray and hope she will live with the strength she receives.

Love and care is flooding the room where my respectable and beloved sister is hospitalized. I am always proud of my sister and Mr Fong. They brought up 4 brilliant and successful children ( 3 daughters & 1 son) and grand kids. They are the living role model to happy marriage.

I am sorry for being unable to visit my sister at this time. My heart is with her always. My daily prayer is there to reduce her suffering. She is a kind person, she should not suffer like this !
Dearest sis " Tai Kak Jie", I love you and I never forget all the good things that you have given me. I hope you will fogive me for not going home to see you. To all Fong family, I understand the hardship that you are going through. I am thankful and grateful for everthing that you have done and given to my sister. She deserves to live longer. She should!!!

Me, my 2nd Sis & 1st Sis

No comments: