Sunday, April 20, 2008

GARAGE SALE & MY HEALTH ISSUE

As usual, we started off around 10 am to garage sale. For weeks now, I would look at the classified advertisement for Garage Sale and list down the time and addresses that I would like to go. In most cases, I will prefer to to go to Community Sale, Charity Sale and Rummage Sales organized by church - these are the places where we can find a lot of good stuff; If we were there approaching closing time, we might be able to get all stuff that can fit into a shopping bag at $2.00.



Next, Ah Don will go through my list to map the location with the software " Mappoint" that he bought specifically for this purpose. the program will work out the best route from point 1 to the last destination. ehmmmm.. this saves us from wondering from one location to another. ....this is one of the way to save the "gas" OMG... now the gas price has gone up to $3.57 today !!!
(Foot note. It was only $1.90 per gallon when I came here )



Ok.. now let me list down what we got from the garage sales yesterday.



First, we stopped by a church and bought a " Huffy Scout - 10 speed Bicycle" at $20.00 ( which I bargained from $25.00 ! ) - We don't know how old is the bicycle but it is still in good condition.



Obviously, the bike is not the right model for Ah Don but he can use it till we get another one in near future. He has been busy this morning to polish the bike. He is getting ready to ride it to the Town Center for his work out at the Gym ; The Town Center is about a mile from our place. On the other hand, I will have to pick up the skill so that once we have the one bike, we can both cycle to " The Legacy Trail "which has just completed recently for biking.


Next, I got this Nike Swimsuit @ $2.00 - New and unused; I am going to list is in ebay for sale!


I also bought a funny item as shown below at $0.25 which I guess is used for massage.


Lately, I am a bit concern about having excessive yawning in the morning. From some of the medical articles that I read from the Internet, it said this could be due to stress, depression, lack of good sleep or a symptom of heart problem.....Hence, this handy item is just perfect and useful for use. I can massage my head, shoulder and back to release the stress. On the other hand, I resume my practice of Tai Chi every morning and try to reach my bed before 11.00pm. No more long hours sitting at my pc. I have to learn to "enjoy" life a bit .... after all I have been working very hard in the past and I should go slow..............slow....... and slow..... and I broke the record in my life .......... siting in front of TV and watched 3 movies consecutively last Sunday!





Lastly, I bargained this pair of roller skate from $5.00 to $2.00. They are fairly new. Now. my problem is whether I should keep them for my personal use or to list them in e bay. Last year, I listed a pair of vintage white leather roller skate which I bought at $2.00 and sold at $15.00. I don't think it's late to learn the skill but my bones are too " delicate" for the game !


>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<




No comments: