Sunday, February 24, 2008

OUR OUTING ON SATURDAY

It's Sunday !! I am all by myself again.! Mom & Ah Don has gone to St Thomos Catholic Church. After which they will visit Uncle Al and the family. Mom will be going back to Indiana on Monday. So this may be the last time that she can visit her sick brother.

As usual, I have a long list of "works to do" on Sunday. First of all, I would like to transfer some plants to the bigger pots that I've just bought yesterday from the gagage sale. Oh no ! before that I have to write something on our blog !

Here we go ...... mom went with us to some Garage sales yesterday. Unlike her very first time here struggled with shortness of breath after a little walk , she was able to walk through all the "stops of garage sale" that we frequented Yesterday! Definately, the pacemaker has done a wonderful job on her.

Look at the pic here! Shefound something she wanted in her hand......A new shower curtain!
Next , Look at her clothing !!!!! she dressed for winter ???You may also want to know what did I get , right ??

Needless to say, I got plenty of additional stuff for our kitchen at bargain price;
Will show you if you visit us!
After the good shopping, we went for a quick lunch before moving on to "Marie Selby Botanical Gardens" -It's known as a respected world center for tropical plant research, conservation and education; also famous for Orchid showplace. ( Honestly, I think Singapore's Botanical Garden has a larger varieties of orchids ; Don and I were there in year 2004) Don't miss out if you visit Singapore!

Selby is holding a 2-day Asian Cultural Festival. I was very impressed with the performance of "Taiko Drummers" from Japan, It was my first time to see such performance in person. Unlike the Chinese 24 -Drums which is full of energy and aggression, Japan's drummers' perforamance has its own characteristic. The group consists of 4 Japanese ( 2 young sweeties) and 1 American. They each did a very significant different beats on the drum that turned out to be very pleasant and shooting. Great applause to their performance

I like this performance!

Next, was the Chinese Performance of martial arts (Kung Fu), Qi Gong and Tai Chi.... these are my favorite sports. I learn and practised Huang Tai Chi since 1985 back in Malaysia. What I learn include Sword, Stick,walking stick etc. ( Since I have stopped practising for almost 3 years now, I am doubtful I can complete the complete set of Tai Chi ! :(:(:.. I may be able to do the 1st set of short series ) I need to see my Master Chua for revision at my next trip home to Malaysia) -> -> let take a look of what I have seen yesterday!

Hey hey hey .. this is my cutie Kung Fu Team !

I like this American kid!

Some slow movements of Tai Chi that are good for blood circulation
This is what the crowd enjoyed the most !! Ang Mo Lion dance. Interesting!!!
But wait till you see the performance from our World champion Lion Dance team from Muar !!


They are Orang Puteh, Not chinese !!!!!

I love the sword.. graceful movement but enough to kill!
Since we were in the Botanic garden... I have taken pics of some plants
that look funny to me but are the beauty of nature!

Look at the roots ! Tree from 1903



Eh ! Not this ... It's too common in Malaysian but rare here !!

A fish in the plant ??




Ha ha ha ha ... tiny coconuts in Florida!

(Unfortunately we were unable to be there for long as there was a shower after the above performance; On the other hand , it could be too hectic for mom to walk too much.)
To me Saturday is always a most dynamic day for me.....away from home for half a day to garage sale, go Chinese buffet, no need to cook..... but as soon as I got home, 3 loads of laundry were there waiting for me !!!:(:(:(:(

Lastly, a sweet pic of Mom & Ah Don


Hope Mom has a wonderful stay here in Sarasota with us. ( Mind you, mom has a super memory with her age ! She is 87; she can remember every single thing /happening . I believe she has a real good time with Ah Don.... She was talking with him about allthings that happened in the past .. she is super to recall and recaptured every single word that people related to her or she overheard !!!
( But I still havethe problem to communicate with her..... whenever I said something to her she would say" What did you say ? I do get frustrated sometime ! Why Americans don't speak or understand British English ?? Banyak Susah lah and ma fun leh!! )

1 comment:

Su-Yee said...

oh wow mom! those pictures are awesome!