Wednesday, September 2, 2009

NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN.......

When we broke or damaged something that is valuable to us, we would try our best to get a replacement. If this happen it's easy to deal with the temporary loss. If the item has its sentimental value and that there is no way that we will not blame ourselves for being careless.

I have this mixed feeling over the loss lately..........

Case 1 : I broke one of the Avon Canny Bowls which we bought from a garage sale. This is a collectible item that is no longer in production. The seller was a young lady who was lucky to inherit the house with contents from her uncle who passed away without decedent. We bought these 2 Candy bowls with other items that come in set. We used these 2 bowls for ice cream after dinner. Now, I am using a different bowl and hope that I will be find one from garage sale; or else, I have to buy from ebay !


This is the only one now left for use by Don

These are shattered pieces after I hit the edge of the sink accidentally. It went to trash!!! I am yet to find one from the garage sale...... I may have to bid from ebay


For this Case 1, I am sure to find a replacement i a matter of time. But not for the following case..... I will never get one ; it will NEVER BE THE SAME .......

Case 2 : The following are 3 knitted sweaters as gifts from my eldest sister. She spent her leisure hours to knit these sweaters for me; they are great gift that are full of love from her. It shows how much she loved me and cared for me despite her poor health. She wanted me to keep warm with these sweater in USA . She knitted these sweaters piece by piece while she was watching Cantonese drama or while she was in the car or waiting at the clinic or hospital for consultation.

This was the 1st Sweater she gave me the day before I left for USA in May 2005. She said, " It's cold in American , you must keep yourself warm!" This is a sweet sweater and I used to put it on at work


This is the 2nd sweater she knitted for me when I came home for Chinese New Year in Feb 2006. During that time she was still in good health except having some aging problem. She told me since I was not available for measurement hence the sleeves are a bit longer...........It's fine with me !



The is the 3rd I received from her this past Chinese New Year. She rushed to complete this sweater for me even she was not fully recovered from her operation. She even felt sorry for not fitting the white buttons ; She told me she could not walk for long and did not go shopping for the buttons!! She still care for me like her little sister; she forgot that I am a senior citizen !

This white sweater is the last sweater I received from my Tai Ka Che. I would not receive another sweater from her . She is no longer there to knit for me when I return home again. I won't see her face in person, I can't chat and joke with her ; There is no way that I can taste her good cooking again....... She is gone to her Lord.... What she left with me is the memories......

These are sweaters that are real treasures that can be bought by money. They meant so much to me...... Each of them keeps me warm from her heart.

These gifts are non-replaceable . They are full of sentimental value ........... Unlike the Avon Candy Bowls....... I will find one again.............

These sweaters were knitted with warm love from my Ta Ka che.......No one else does the same!!

I love you and miss you so much Tai Ka Che!!!

No comments: