Sunday, November 23, 2008

I GOT SOMETHING EXCITING!


Yeah Yeah Yeah!!

Yesterday was my lucky day !

1st.....I found the Turkey platter that I broke in June 2008
( I have been very sad and quilty for being carless to break it ! I thought I won't be able to find one to replace it from the garage sale!) hmmm..... Luck was with me after 5 months of searching !!

Here is the Turkey Platter that I got a good bargain together with the following items:-




2nd.... I have this beautiful golden vase engraved with designs that comes with a bundle of unused artificial flowers (still in wrap); I was very thrill to get them; I can arrange flowers my own way which I did immediately after reaching home !!!

3rd..... I have this Vitoria Collection -Genuine Porcelain Doll -( hmm, I wonder.... should I keep it or sell it at Ebay ; by the way, I have just listed some Avon memories Collections to sell !). I do have a lot of stuff that to sell at Ebay , somehow, I have the problem to describe them in writing...... No many people can understand my ENGLISH!!:(:(:(

So,,,, How much did I paid for these 3 items above eh ???? Ha ha ha ha...... ONLY $6.00.

Beside the above 3 exciting items, we also purchased some other items like Travelling Case , a brand new backpack ( yeah! this is good for Ah Don to put all stuff on his back when we travel since the airline restricted only one carry-on to the plane!)

It is always an exciting experience to go through vendors' garage sale from house to house and place to place. It's like a treasure hunts trip for me..... we don't know what are there for us to see, get and buy. Sometimes it was full of surprise !!Other time, we might come home with just few items . From time to time, we came across nice people who would accept whatever price we offered. I always have a lump sum discount at the end of the deal !!! On other occasions, we would come across some unfriendly vendors who would show us their sour faces when the price was not right for them.... Well, to these kinds of vendors, I will just turn my back and walk away.... After all, I have nothing to loose!!

I always keep this principle in mind for any business transaction>>>> " Willing buyer, Willing seller!"

This remind me of one nasty situation with one sour lady who did not accept my price, said to me in a very unhappy manner "Put them back, I can sell them at Ebay at $$$$ ...." Ok, I put them back right away...no big deal at all.... go ahead and sell them at Ebay .. My question was why take the trouble to set up the yard sale in the first place. Obviously, she didn't realise that the value of most of the common items in garage sale are marked down 80% to 90% .... people are just funny in many different way !!! There were some other occasions, I would tell the vendors straight that they have over-priced their items.

There was another incident which made me sad for a lady vendor at her yard sale; She was clearing most of her household items. Halfway of my negotiation with her about some items that I was interested, her boy friend screamed at her very rudely from the house. They had some argument after that. She felt so upset that she told me to take whatever I like for free !! Of course, I won;t do that !!! I stayed back for a while instead to comfort her and help her get over with her emotion. She could not put up with her boy friend any more and wanted him to move out !!! Amongst the items that I was interested was a black Hardy Davidson Sport shirt that I could get easily at 25 cents.... with the situation like that, I did not buy anything from her at the end!.... I just hope that she would be fine to handle her failing relationship

So you see.... garage sale is not just about disposal of some extra stuff from home... there are other reasons behind for doing so from each family; like estate sale for deceased person, divorced cases to split the belongings, moving to new but small place........get rid of old stuff left by their parents ,grandparents etc , some parents were training their kids to sell items they longer wanted to exchange for some pocket money or to raise fund for some events,charity drive ........All I know.... this is a recycling process!

Regardless of whatever reasons behind........ I am always their SUPPORTER; Right ! just put the ads out or putting signs along the roads..... here we come !! Ho ho ho ho ho...... After all, this is one and the only one exciting activity that I have for Saturday until I find another hobby to turn to ..........cheer !

God Bless America with lots of Garage Sale !!!

No comments: