Sunday, June 6, 2010

OUR NEW BIRD - LUCKY

About a month ago, I saw 2 nice bird cages on sale in Craig'list. I wrote to the advertiser if he is selling the bird that I saw in the cage. It looks like a cockatiel to me. He replied me positively if I wanted the bird but he was not such if it is a male bird. I then wrote to ask him whether the bird laid any egg so far. He replied "No" and the bird should be 2 years old. I was very thrilled to hear this answer...... because...... I am looking for a boy friend to my "Forever"

Poor "Forever" is laying eggs again.She laid 6 eggs for the first time on 12/30/2009. This time it was on 05/11/2010 that she laid 4 eggs. After laying eggs, she will stop all activities. No eating, no pooing or even making noise.

"Forever" was bought from a breeder in last June to mark our 4th Anniversary. Hence, we are looking for another cockatiel to mark our 5th Anniversary which falls on 06/18/2010.

Now get back to the seller, his name is Stephen. I replied to him that I wanted to view the bird sometime over the weekend. After that he stopped responding to me .... I was disappointed.
There are other who advertised to sell their cockatiels too, somehow, I wasn't keen to contact them at all. I was hoping that Stephen will get back to me; but he didn't.

Then two weeks have passed and suddenly I received an email from Stephen's wife, Jennifer; she told me that her husband was a busy man ; so she is helping him to handle this case . She asked if I am still interested in the bird.... I answered " SURE!" and would like to see the bird this coming Saturday.

On Saturday, I called her cell phone; there was no answer; so I left a voice message telling her that we have a long weekend ( memorial day) and would like to see the bird. in one of these holidays... Sadly, there was no reply at all this time again ! I then emailed her of my interest; again I received no response from her completely. Weekends passed again! ...... With these repeated non-responsive situation, I guess I have to give up my hope for this bird. someone could have bought the cage with the bird whereas I was only interested in the bird alone!! So I have to move on and started to look for other opportunity.

Yesterday was Saturday again.... after the morning walk.... When I gave some seeds to "Forever" then I thought above that cockatiel in the cage again. Just when I was about to look for Jennifer's contact No from her email; suddenly, the phone rang.... it was Jennifer... she asked if I am still interested to have the bird..... I replied " SURE !!!!" Not going to miss this good opportunity, I told her I would come to her place around 1 to 2 PM.

After the garage sale, we drove to her place right away and it was about 20 miles away!!!

Oh! you won't believe me .....at that very moment when I saw the bird, I have a big WOW in y heart !! it was like "Love at First Sight!"; it was such a pure and sweet bird. He has white and yellow shinning feathers. The owner told me that they had spent about $100++ on the cage alone. They told me the bird is not hand-feed and friendly to their 6 years old daughter. They got another one that the kids can play with.

hmmm guess what.... Though we don't need another cage, I have a good bargain. I have the cage and the bird at the price which is even less that the price that I paid for "Forever"!! The couple knew that I will love their bird; so the price is not an issue to them.

The name of this bird is " Sparky". On the way home, we were thinking of giving him a new name since I am not in favor of "Sparky". hahahaha we were thinking of all words ending with "ever" like whatever, wherever, whenever .. oh NO "Whatever" ??? Noway!! "Whatever" is the name for my finch darling who had passed away.; hence, this name so stay with him. Next, we want something to signify our anniversary ... finally, we decide to name this new bird as "LUCKY. When we put these 2 cockatiel together, they give us "FOREVER LUCKY" ! WaHaHa!!!!

"Lucky" can say some words that we don't understand as yet. When we put "Forever" into his cage.... oh !! he came down from the perch and started singing none stop; whistle and open his wings to welcome "Forever". Unfortunately, our "Forever" is still young and may not interested in him..... he kept singing and singing ...... what a fun to look at them !! I believe. the joy that we have from these animals is beyond words..... I guess only those people who have pets will understand us and share the same feeling with us .... 2 parakeets, 2 cockatiel, 1 cat and 1 dog !!! and 2 human beings make a Big Family here !!!!

This is our new member - Handsome "Lucky"


"Forever" & "Lucky"

No comments: